PART 1: FOSTER HOME AGREEMENT
- Georgia Animal Rescue and Defence, Inc. (GARD) agrees to allow the Foster to act as a foster home under GARD’s animalshelter license issued by the GA Department of Agriculture. Foster is hereby granted temporary possession of any animals that are placed as a foster animal with Foster. All animals remain the property of GARD and as such, must be returned to GARD upon request.
- No animal will be removed from or returned to the GARD animal shelter without pauthorization from a duly authorized agent of GARD.
- Foster home will not accept or take possession of any stray or abandoned animals without authorization from GARD or from a duly authorized agent of GARD, unless foster home is willing to accept the financial responsibility of such stray and Foster understands that GARD in not responsible for the care of this stray in any form or fashion.
- Foster home agrees to periodic inspections by GARD personnel and the Department of Agriculture for the State of Georgia.
- GARD will furnish a copy of GARD’s animal shelter license for display at the foster home. Foster is only authorized to use this license for the purpose of fostering animals placed into the care of Foster by GARD and for no other purpose. This license shall not be used to house or take possession of stray or abandoned animals.
- GARD will make best efforts to furnish healthy animals for fostering to include current rabies vaccination if required. This does not prohibit the fostering of an animal for rehabilitation purposes.
- Foster home, the actual abode or premises and all surrounding property, structures and all enclosures must be kept in good state of repair at all times and kept in suitable condition for animals. Foster shall not cause or maintain any condition on the Foster’s property that presents any danger to the animal placed in the care of Foster.
Each building housing animals will have a fully functioning fire extinguisher. (Optional fire or smoke detector.)
All enclosures (i.e., kennels, runs, pens) will be cleaned daily and as often as needed during the day to prevent odors and the threat of disease to any of the animal(s) placed in the care of Foster.
All enclosures will be disinfected weekly and as often as needed to prevent disease.
Temperature in indoor housing areas should be maintained between 45 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Housing areas should be well ventilated to provide fresh air and to minimize odors and moisture.
All animals must have fresh water daily and checked during the day.
Medical treatment must be provided when needed.
Foster shall only use GARD approved practitioners of animal medical care for any and all medical treatment for any foster animals in Foster’s care. Should an emergency present which precludes Foster from using aGARD approved medical facility, then, Foster shall obtain GARD approval of using a medical animal facility outside of the approved ones. If circumstances are such that pre-approval is impractical, then, Foster, as soon as circumstances permit, notify GARD of the situation with the animal. Once the animal is stabilized, Foster will take immediate steps to present the animal to a GARD approved facility and shall have all medical records forwarded to that facility. The current approved medical facilities are Hampton Animal Hospital, 1147 Elm Street, Hampton SC 29924, 803-943-4887, or Sandersville Veterinary Clinic, 507 Industrial Drive, Sandersville GA 31082, 478-552-0016.
Foster animals being housed outdoors are required to have appropriate shelter and adequate enclosures.
No foster animal will be held by means of tethering.
PART 2: RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- Loss or damage of or to personal property resulting from the Rescue Animal;
- Any manner of injury resulting from the Rescue Animal;
- Any injury or illness resulting from contact with the Rescue Animal;
- Any communicable disease resulting from contact with the Rescue Animal;
- Any injury resulting from the Rescue Animal, including but not limited to, animal bites.
- TO RELEASE GARD, its officers, directors, shareholder and agents from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer caused by the Rescue Animal due to any cause whatsoever INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE.
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to the property of, or personal injury to, any third party caused by the Rescue Animal.
- THIS Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity.
- In entering into this agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by GARD other than what is set forth in this agreement.