Georgia Animal rescue & defence, Inc.
- Adoptions are not first-come-first-serve, but are based on the best fit for an animal’s particular needs. We are an all volunteer organization and spend many hours reviewing applications, checking vet references, etc.
- We adopt out in the eastern U.S. Approved adopters need to make arrangements to pick up their new pet.
- We may be unable to accommodate same-day adoptions. Please plan on scheduling an appointment with an adoption coordinator to finalize the adoption. Due to the influx of applications received daily, we ask for you to allow us a minimum of 72 hours to process and approve your application.
- All members of the family must be present in order to adopt. We want to make sure it’s a good fit for everyone! (Certain exclusions may apply)
- You must be 25 years or older to adopt. Please bring a valid form of I.D.
- Renters must provide a copy of their lease (including pet policy). Home owner’s must provide a copy of their HOA agreement (if applicable)
- Townhome/Condominium owners should be familiar with their HOA by-laws, including restricted breeds, weight limits, and maximum number of pets allowed.
- Adopters must be willing to allow a GARD representative to make a follow-up contact, either in person or by phone.
- Spaying/Neutering of cats and dogs through any humane organization is state law
- If at any time you are unable to keep the pet or offer it proper care, it must be offered back to GARD before alternate arrangements are made.
- A perspective adopter’s current pet(s) must be current on their veterinary care AND be spayed/neutered. The current pet(s) must also have a consistent history of annual vet care.
- Applications must be completed and approved prior to adopting an animal.
- If approved, an applicant must sign a contract to adopt an animal which outlines the responsibilities of the shelter and the adopter. This contract is legally binding.
- Active military members MUST provide an approval letter with permission to restricted breeds.
- Renting with Cats: Since we want to make lifelong placements for our cats, we ask that adopters make sure their landlord allows cats and to pay any pet deposits in advance of adopting.
- Renting with Dogs: Since we want to make lifelong placements for our dogs, we ask that adopters make sure their landlord allows dogs and to pay any pet deposits in advance of adopting.
**FOR ACTIVE MILITARY – PLEASE REFER TO OUR ACTIVE MILITARY ADOPTION POLICY**
We may have additional adoption policies or requirements not listed here, as well as adoption requirements specific to each individual pet and their needs. These things will be discussed with you if you place an application for adoption with us.
Phone & Email
PH: (please email us)
By Appointment Only
100 Dichroic Dragon Dr.
Pembroke, GA 31321
Take I-16 to Exit 137 (Hwy. 119). Go south towards Pembroke, GA. We are 2.3 miles on the left.